Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Mrs. Davis"



A phrase that I will be hearing a lot soon... because I start at my first teaching job in one week!!

I cant even believe it! I feel so lucky that I even got to interview since the teaching market is sooo awful right now, but I got a call last week that I will be teaching U.S. History at Renaissance High School! It's a part time job, which I am thrilled about, because I get to spend one or two days a week with Lily!! I am nervous to start and make a syllabus and try to figure things out, but I think it's the first step to finally getting my teaching career underway... I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully I wont have too many paper airplanes thrown at my head the first week...

3 comments:

Benita said...

amazing!!! i am so jealous of you right now!! i want to be teaching US history. you are going to be amazing!! you're going to be the favorite history teacher.

Taylor said...

So stinkin RAD! I will join you someday...save me a spot. Miss you Heath.

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

that's amazing!!! congrats! you are going to be an amazing school teacher Mrs. davis