What an awesome new start the New Year brings. I made Josh sit down with me and type out goals in several categories for 2011. I know he is not a huge planner, but for me, it makes me feel so excited to see it all on paper. Totally motivating to go out there and get things done.
And then January 2nd happens...
...and things already start to slip a little bit. BUT, I am not giving up, and I think 2011 is going to bring some great things for us! I got a BodyBugg, we have a fun trip planned, great goals to save for, Josh is still doing awesome in school, I am going to finish my first year of teaching, and of course the MOST IMPORTANT one is seeing how fast Lily is growing up!!
It's hard for me to even say that I have a 9 month old already, and she will actually be 10 months here in a couple weeks. Words can't express how much I have loved this little girl growing up in my arms. She is the most absolute precious thing in my life. I am amazed when I wake up every morning and hear her cute babblings and her rolling around in her bed, and I actually love her even more than the day before. Every day that happens. more and more love. She is amazing.
SO FULL of personality and spirit. She makes everyone around her laugh and feel so good. Here are some other things she is doing lately...
- clapping up a storm
- waving and saying "bye" to everyone, unless she doesn't like you, and then you get either the looking-up-at-you-from-under-my-furrowed-brow look, or the shy turn-my-face-away-and-look-down move, but it's mostly the waving and waving....
- she babbles and "talks" ALL the time... and she is getting quite loud
- she loves to imitate everything we do, and loves it when we imitate her. Josh and lily can go back and forth for hours just imitating each other and laughing and laughing
- she is so intrigued with small, detailed things. she flips all of her toys over until she finds the screws on the bottom, and then just carefull points and and pokes them over and over.
- she is mastering mama and dada and baba, and an occsionally hi, baby, and tons of other sounds. she even gets the random "gmpa", which makes her grandpas smile so big
- not crawling yet, but oh so mobile. she can scoot and roll and reach and dive everywhere
- she loves pulling her socks off her toes and her hats off her head, and then just looks at me and laughs as if to say "nice try mom...i am NOT wearing that"
- her hair is getting quite long, and even curly a bit in the back!! with Josh and I both having stick straight hair, I am so excited if she keeps that!
There are so many other things I could say, but as we speak, the little Munchkin is in need of some love and play time. I can't believe that she will be ONE in only three months. That seems crazy to me.... She truly is the best thing that ever happened to our family, and we love her with all our hearts.
Here are some pictures of Lily each month so far... It's crazy to see how much she has grown up!!
We love you little girl!!!