Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finish Student Teaching.... CHECK!!

First of all, can I just say that I sort of wish I was HERE right now... because Boise weather thinks it's playing a joke on everyone, but being 80 degrees one week and snowing the next. Not a fan. And I just miss Mexico...

Anyway, back to real life, I finally FINISHED MY STUDENT TEACHING!!! Such a huge accomplishment for me!! By the end, it was pretty hard to get through the days. Being 35 weeks pregnant and trying to teach and contain 150 9th graders a day is quite the task, and I was so exhausted every day! BUT... so so worth it!! I miss the kids already! I had such a great set-up, and my mentor teacher truly was one of the biggest blessings that got me through. She was so helpful and encouraging and flexible, and made things go so well.

Here is one of my more difficult classes... gotta love em all though!

The school I taught at was so beautiful! It was such a classic, red brick building, right in the middle of downtown. Everyday when I drove down there, I could see the capital building and the tall buildings of down town with the sun coming up behind them, and it was really a beautiful view. Here is the school... North Junior High.

Here is the classroom I taught in... There were huge beautiful windows that looked out to the tree-lined street. It was such a classical feel. Way different from the 6 inch windows I had at Centennial. This was an old style school, and I loved it. My teacher even still used chalkboards!! She doesn't like whiteboards, so she is the only one in the school with old-school boards.


It really was such an incredible experience, and it made me SO EXCITED to be a teacher and have a classroom of my own!! My last day, they threw a party for me. They made this big portfolio card that they all signed.

Here were some of their comments to me"
" Mrs. Davis, Thanks for being a great teacher... I hope you like your baby."
(thank you, i'm pretty sure I will like her :).....)
"Mrs. D, you rock, name your baby Chance like me!"
"Mrs. Davis, You made history really fun and clear! You should sing this song to your baby, 'I love you little baby!'" (not sure what that even is)

And one sweet little student from Afghanitstan who came such a long way wrote "Mrs. Davis, Thank you for being the best teacher ever. I really like U.S. History now because of you! Good luck in your life to come and with your baby!"
Comments like that are so sweet, and make all the hard days worth it.

Anyway, I only have a couple more paper/projects, and then i'm officially done and graduating this month!! Finally, I will be a real teacher... I can't wait. Now, getting a job is a WHOLE other story. I'm pretty sure Idaho is almost officially the WORST state in the entire country for education spending, but we will figure it out. It's just so great to be done with such a milestone.

ANYWAY, another fun thing we did recently was go to UTAH!!! My cute little sister-in-law and her husband Amanda and Jeremy graduated from Weber, so we went down to celebrate wth them! It was our last trip before the baby gets here!!

It was so great to be in Utah. I just forget how BEAUTIFUL it is until I go back, and I want to move there so bad!! Atleast for a few years.... now all i need to do is convince Josh that it is a godo idea. I finally got him to say that if there was a job for him, then he would do it!! So if anyone knows of a Utah job, let us know and we may be moving. :)

Here with are with Manda and Jeremy at their cute apartment. Thanks for being such great hosts guys!!

Josh and his little sister

Weber really is such a beautiful campus... the sun was out and we walked all around. It made me realize again how much i LOVE college campuses, and I really want to teach part time at a University someday...

They also had a BABY SHOWER for me!! So much work, and it turned out great!! Yes, I am defnitely 36 weeks pregnant in this picture.... but only a month to go!!

I got to see BENITA!!! It was so so so fun to see her!! And not just because she brought me the most incredible cupcake I have had in a long time. :) She is so darling, and I really miss those girls alot. Maybe if I move to utah we could see them more!! (I can dream, right??) Megs was in Texas, Linds in the midwest, and Jenna in Dallas with her baby, so we are still spread out all over the country.

We got a new camera and it has the best "SMILE" feature. As soon as someone smiles, it automatically takes the picture!! Hence my cheesy smile below.... but I think it's so cool! I'm sure that is nothing new, but it's new to me so I really was loving it. Can't wait to try it out on the baby when she learns to smile!


Overall, such a great couple weeks!! Now, I am just working a lot at the bank, and trying to get my MASSIVE to-do list done before the baby comes! Those of you who know I love to-do lists can only imagine how long this one is!! But it's so fun to get things crossed off, and know that each day gets us closer to the baby!! We have been going to some classes at the hospital, and I can't believe it could be happening at any time this next month. I am hoping for a miracle, and that she comes a little early.... we will see how that goes. :)

Anyway, love you guys and we will update soon!

1 comment:

Krystin said...

Congrats heathy! I am so proud of you for finishing student teaching! I am seriously counting down the days until the new baby gets here! I may or may not come home every weekend to see her and the family! miss you