Monday, April 11, 2011

March 2011

March flew by, and I can't believe it's already 1/2 way through April! We had a great month... Lily just turned 11 months on Sunday! I have about 2 months of school left, and Josh is on his last segment of his semester! Here are some highlights from the month...

Lily, 10 months on March 10, 11 months on April 10




Our little baby is growing up way, way too fast! She has been learning so many new things lately, we can barely keep up! She is moving all over everywhere, and inevitably, even when I just vacuumed 5 minutes before, she can find every little spec of anything on the carpet.

She is babbling and "talking" so much, and loves to have conversations with everybody. She can say even more words now, like mama, dada, baba, baby, puppy, papa, bye bye, hi, granpa, and a bunch of other words, as she likes to try and repeat whatever we say. Her hair is just getting longer and longer, and she still has her bright, blue eyes. Here are a few things I am loving right now...

- she has the most amazing crazy bed-head hair in the mornings
- she wakes up, and instantly starts talking and laughing, smiling from ear to ear
- she loves to clap, and she HAS to clap whenever she sees anyone else clap, even if she is crying
- she loves to give high fives and waves bye-bye at everyone
- she points her little finger at everything and says "whas that?" over and over
- she loves to hiss and tsssss all the time, and whispers to us
- she loves to read her books, and can sit and talk to her self and touch the pages over and over
- she is such a great eater, and loves to eat whatever I am eating! I sometimes let her try it :) We shared a yummy, peach popsicle today while we waited for Josh to get home, and she absolutely loved it
- she loves Scott and Karen's puppy, but whenever the puppy gets close, Lily squints her eyes really tight and blinks really fast, but she still holds her hand out to pet her, the brave little girl
- she is LOVING swimming, and gets so excited whenever she sees a pool. we have stayed at a lot of hotels the last few weeks, and she has had lots of experience swimming, and splashing constantly

We can't believe she will be ONE in only a month... It seriously blows my mind. I can't wait! She is so adorable, and I really do love evey second of this mom thing.

SPRING BREAK 2011

Josh and I went to Vegas for a few days, and it was so nice to be in the heat for a few days! We stayed at the Planet Hollywood, and our room overlooked the Bellagio Fountains! We love Vegas, walking around, seeing the architecture, eating the yummiest treats. Because of our busy work and school schedules, Josh and I hardly ever get to see each other, so it was so fun to have his undivided attention for a few days, and laugh like old times. Here are a few pictures from the trip.



After Vegas, we got to see Jeremy and Amanda in Salt Lake! We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so it was a great weekend. Josh and I went to the Jazz-Lakers game, and boy was it intense. About 1/2 Lakers fans and 1/2 Jazz fans. Overall, Lakers made a great come-back, and I had one happy husband after watching Kobe play a great game.




KRYSTIN GRADUATED!!

We are so proud of her! She looked so gorgeous in her new outfit and robes, and it was a great weekend. We sent her off on her well-deserved Mexican cruise, and we can't wait for her to come back to Boise!!




- I have so many plans and goals for this year, and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed at getting them all done. So lately, I have been interested in simplifying my life. I want to de-clutter my house, do an intense spring cleaning, get a simple, organized schedule, and stick to it! I want to keep running (all my sisters and I are trying for a 1/2 marathon), learn to cook better, finish school strong, and get ready for a summer of my little girl all the time!

And I may find time to update the blog a little more frequently :)

1 comment:

Karalee and Austin said...

I LOVE when i see you post :) this is so cute. Your spring break looks amazing and im so sad we missed out. your baby is adorable and growing up SO fast! Ya for summer !