Sunday, September 25, 2011

Babies for my Baby... 16 months!

I'm sorry, but is this my baby one year old, or a five year old child???
She is so stinkin' grown up these days... sometimes I have to check. Where did my baby go?!?!

As fast as time flies, and as much as I am missing my Baby Lily Jane, I have to say that i LOVE my toddler as well. She is at such a fun age!! 16 months is just awesome. I seriously love every day more and more. She is so full of personality and surprises. I can't imagine life without this little dear.

Here is a quick update on 16 month old Lily Jane Davis...

"MAMA" TIME
This little girl is obsessed with anything and everything about Babies now a days. It is the absolute cutest thing ever. She has about seven babies between the three houses, and she loves all of them. She carries them around, gives them her fluffies, changes their "bum bums" with her own wipes and diapers, puts their binkies in and out, and gives them a lot of loves, snuggles, and kisses. It really melts your heart. Whenever the day comes, she will be a great big sister.
Little Miss Mobile
She may have gotten off to a late start, but once Lily figured out how to walk more than 5 steps on a Friday, she was running around everywhere by Saturday. She is loving her new found freedom, and is definitely a toddler, exploring anything and everything in sight. She is finding new cupboards to dig through, new furniture to climb up, and new ways to get away even faster when she knows mama is coming because she did something naughty, like eating yucky things off the floor. It's been months now, and I still can't get over how cute it is so see her toddling all around on her own. She gets so proud of herself.
(And, as see below, she is still obsessed with her "fluffies", and always has at least one or two in tow at all times. So cute)

She is grown up enough to have these amazing big girl "up do's". Thanks to Karalee for this one... I love her long hair. You can do the most fun styles! I have the most amazing nannies that always do her hair so cute, way cuter than anything I could pull off. Thanks for always making Lily look so beautiful!
She loves pushing her babies around in strollers all the time. She is getting quite fast, and actually can run around while pushing strollers or walking toys. And you got to love her little shorts. I am going to miss dressing her in cute summer clothes.
Star Performer
This girl loves to sing, and she is quite good at it!! I am amazed at how well she can mimic melodies that I sing to her almost perfectly. She has recently discovered microphones, and she loves it. I am hoping that will continue and I can't wait to watch countless performances that she will come up with.

One of my favorite things about Lily is that she is still such a cuddle bug. She loves to snuggle up with mama and dada, and gives the best head snuggles and nose kisses. One of the most precious moments of my day is when she grabs a book and literally climbs up into your lap and wants to just snuggle and read. She can now say "love you", and it just melt my heart.

She is just growing up so fast, and we love her so much.

One of the all time favorite 'tricks', the squinty eye!! She can pretty much do this on command now, and she giggles and giggles so much, like she just did the best trick in the world. She loves to make people laugh.

Overall, it's been the best 16 months ever. She seriously has us wrapped so tight around her little finger, and we couldn't be happier to have her in our lives. What a blessing.

Things she loves:
1. GRAPES. Will never stop eating them.
2. Her nighttime routine, which is finally turning out successful. Awesome.
3. Going Outside. Anytime, anywhere... outside is always the first choice.
4. Num Nums. Almost any time she sits down in her stroller, carseat, highchair, she knows exactly how to ask for snacks.
5. Please and Thank Yous. She is so cute now that she can consistently says "pleeez" and "dank do" in the right context.
6. Repeating everything we say. I am amazed at how much she can say correctly.
7. Laughing and giggling. For those of you who have heard it, you know its the absolute cutest thing in the world.
8. Taking pictures and talking on the phone. Any phone or camera she sees, she picks it up, points it at her face and then says "CHEESE!" and smiles really big, followed by "Hellloooo" in to the phone. Adorbs.
9. Saying Hello and Bye Bye to EVERY person we walk by. Seriously... everyone.
10. Putting any shoes she finds on her feet. Daddy's shoes, mama's shoes, even tries to put daddy's shoes on her babies. She loves shoes.

I could go on and on.... so much to this little girl. We love her.

2 comments:

Krystin said...

Heath! LOVED LOVED LOVED all of the updates! I miss you guys, but it looks like you are having a good fall. Can't wait to see you in a few months. LOVES!

Karalee and Austin said...

Lily is such an amazing angel blessing in all our lives. I LOVE her. cute pics! A little girl after my own heart, love babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!