Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkins galore. Bumpy hay rides. Delicious, hot mini doughnuts. Allergies from the hay.

The Pumpkin Patch at Linder farms is turning in to one of my most favorite fall traditions. Josh, my mom, and I took Lily this year, and I was so excited because I thought that Lily would love all of the sights and smells. And needless to say... I was not disappointed.

We headed to the hay ride first, eager to get the perfect little pumpkin in her waiting hands. I think the fact that she hadn't napped that day made her a bit apprehensive at first, nervous with every bump and jostle of the hay ride. But once we jumped off and entered the pumpkin patch, she was in heaven.
It was the cutest thing to see her discover the baby pumpkins that were growing underneath all the vines. She was fully committed to rescuing each one, digging in the dirt and carry them around. She loved that they were just her size.
In the end, we found the perfect sized pumpkin for my beautiful one year old. I think she loved it.

After the patch, we headed to the petting zoo. We all know how much i love, ok HATE, animals. Sorry animal lovers, I just don't like them. Sure, baby lambs are cute, but they are smelly and dirty, and don't think for one second that I will pay a dollar to feed them. Sorry Lils.

Luckly, her daddy stepped up to the plate, and Lily couldnt' get enough of the baby lambs eating the feed. Lots of hand sanitizer later, I was glad she had a good time.

We topped the day off with some doughnuts, and all in all, it was a perfect day.

Fall truly is my favorite season. The smells, the food, the chilly air, the scarves and boots. Love it all. I am so glad we live so close to family so we can do these things with them.
Can't wait for halloween... I am trying to whip up a family costume this year, so stay tuned for pictures of that spooky event.

2 comments:

Jennie Nelson said...

i love the fall too! and i am so sad that Taelin had to miss out on a pumpkin patch:( glad she had so much fun!

Karalee and Austin said...

I am so happy you guys got to go here! I can totally picture Lily working so hard and so serious to save all the little baby pumpkins, sounds like Lily heaven! Sad we missed out!!