Friday, May 27, 2011

My baby turned ONE!

May 10... a day that I had quite literally waited a year for!! Our little princess turned one year old. It was such a fun day! I had to teach, unfortunately, but at least Lily got to spend the day with Grandma Karen! My parents were still in Europe, but we had a party with my sisters and Karen and it was so fun.

Look at how happy she was to finally be wearing the perfect birthday outfit. (I searched high and low for the perfect tutu, i swear...)

I rushed home from school just in time to take her to the doctor for her 12 month check up. I was so sad she had to get shots on her birthday, but she was a champ. She is growing and healthy! 68% for weight and 80% for height!! She really is my little princess...

After the doctor, Karen and I took Lily to get her first cupcake!! We went to "Lilly Jane Cupcakes", which NO she wasn't named after, but i do for sure love that place. I, however, wanted them to THINK she was named after it, so they would give us a free cupcake, which they did not. haha. that's ok... it was still a really special moment for me to have MY Lily Jane at THE Lilly Jane's and sharing my favorite thing in the world... CUPCAKES!! (I am kind of obsessed)

She loved all the sugar for the first time. After the cucpake store, it was time for a party!!!

She loved opening her presents, and of course loved the paper just as much or more than the gifts. She was quite the center of attention.

My two little sisters made her this ADORABLE cake to surprise me! I loved the theme they chose! (Lily was a lady bug for halloween! so I always call her Lily Bug) It was perfect girlies... thank you so much for making her day special!!

There are tons more cute pictures I put on facebook, but that's all we have time for today! Her birthday was a Tuesday, and we had a big party for her on Saturday. I will post pictures from that another time... But I just couldn't let another day go by without saying how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for sending this little bundle of joy in to my life to love and teach, and I am so grateful it has been the most amazing year of my life.

Truly, I have always loved my life and the blessings I have received, but Lily takes the cake. I know Josh would agree... there is just something SO special about being a parent, and I have loved the chance to reflect on that this last year. Lily has grown up so much, and we have learned so much from her!!

Here are a couple things that I will always just absolutely adore about Lily.
- She is stubborn and knows what she wants, but I love the passion she has for life.
- Just like me, she can go from super happy to super sad in t-minus 2 seconds, but I love the drama she has. It makes things so fun!
- She has the softest hair and lets me dress her up in bows and flowers
- She has the most adorable little smiles, ranging from cheesy to coy to flat out beautiful. She is always willing to give her mama just one more smile before I tuck her in at night.
- She is a genius. Talking so much, and can mimick and copy and figure things out. Everyday I am amazed at what she knows. I think she will be a smarty pants and make her parents proud.
- She is so forgiving and loving, and always has a snuggle and a kiss.
- She is so happy, and the joy she brings us is truly infectious.
- She loves exploring places, like under her bouncy chair, in the closets, and under the couch
- She loves to do naughty things like pull all the DVDs off the shelf, dump out her treats, throw her food all over, and pull out all my nicely folded laundry, but she is so darn proud of her self its hard to be mad about it
- She is the best thing about us, and we love her so much

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE!! We love you with all our hearts!

1 comment:

Karalee and Austin said...

I cannot believe your baby is one!! What a fun week we had. she looks SO ADORABLE in all these pictures, birthday princess!!