Friday, July 1, 2011

3 Year Anniversary



I can't believe that today it has been THREE YEARS today since I married my best friend in the Bountiful Temple. I seriously can remember the entire day like it was yesterday. How excited I was when we met outside the temple and walked in together, knowing that when we walked out, we would be sealed for time and all eternity. How overwhelming it was to have so much love and support from our family and friends. How special the sealing was. We were only 1 of 2 weddings that day, since we got married on a Tuesday, so we had all the time in the world. How handsome Josh looked in his tux, and how much I couldn't take my eyes away from him. My Mom helping me change in to my wedding dress and veil after the sealing, and how happy she was for me. Hugging my Dad and sisters for the first time outside the beautiful Bountiful Temple doors. The absolute joy and love that just surrounded us. The excitement at being an official Davis, and getting some wonderful in-laws and new sister! The absolute happiness that is found when you marry your best friend in the right place and by the right authority.

Wow babe... I seriously loved everything about that moment, and every moment since then.

Josh and I have known each other since the 5th grade, so when I say we have grown up together, that is quite literally the case. I remember being in the same ward, combined YM/YW activities swimming at Hosacs, driving around the Centennial Parking Lot together, constant Wendy's runs, football games watching you kick, wakeboarding and boating trips, washing our cars together, the amazing trek where I felt like we really got even closer, you leaving and coming home from your mission, you driving me down to Provo for my birthday and telling me that you loved me, getting engaged in Park City, driving almost every weekend long distance to see each other, and all of the ups and downs in between. It really was such a wild and crazy ride, but we both finally figured it out, and 3 years ago, we started this family, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now, we have this absolutely gorgeous little girl to show for it, and every time I look at her, I think of you and what an incredible father you are. I am constantly amazed at how much you love her and how well you take care of her.... We both know she truly is a daddy's girl, but I think it's so sweet that I can't be mad about it. :)

Thank you for all the trips to Vegas, late movie nights, temple trips, getting obsessed with finishing TV series like 24, Bones, Heroes, and our new love, The Glades, yummy meals at home, telling me dinner was good when I totally burnt it and it was horrible, the beautiful flowers "just because", the countless thoughtful gifts and surprises, remember everything I say and giving me things I need even when I don't remember asking for it, being so supportive and encouraging through all of my ups and downs (and we all know there are way too many to count), and for truly being my best friend. I love you babe, it's been an awesome three years, and I can't wait for the countless years ahead.

Happy Anniversary! Love you!!

The Davis Family
Established July 1, 2008

1 comment:

Karalee and Austin said...

Happy three years to you!! I cannot believe how fast it goes. you two are the best and we sure do love ya! cute pics :)