Friday, July 1, 2011

Way back to Memorial Day

We had an awesome Memorial Day... a last minute trip to Utah. I am all about the last minute trips. In College, there were countless weekends where we decided on a Thursday night to go to Disneyland the next morning, and totally pulled it off. I loved continuing that spontaneity with my daughter, and we decided to go to Utah last minute with my Mom and Sister Krystin!!

It really was an awesome weekend... We sent to my Aunt Britani's 40th surprise birthday party, spent some time with my Grandma Helen and Temple Square, shopped it up at the Park City Outlets, and laughed and laughed with my crazy family. It was really an awesome trip. Even though it was a while ago, I felt like it was still worth documenting...

Here are some highlights of our adventure:
Of course, we had to stop for fresh strawberry banana shakes at Iceberg


PARK CITY: Then it was off to the outlets in Park City!! This is a picture of main street where Josh proposed to me!! Had to take a picture of such a great memory...

Lily is such a great shopper....

Got in some good play time with the cousins.

Temple Square with my Grandma Helen


I was so excited for Lily to see the Christus Statue. She was asleep, and right when we walked in there, I was so happy that she woke up to see it! She absolutely loved it. It was the cutest thing ever. The biggest smile I have ever seen from her, with her saying "Jesus!" (which sounds more like cheeeesusssss)



Then we headed over to the Church History Museum and checked out the interactive Book of Mormon display for kids! Lily looooved it. Here she is dressed up with my mom and krystin learning some dancing.

Learning obedience from building Nephi's shp

This sassy little face loved it


It was a great weekend... I am so grateful for my family and to live so close to them!! My Mom and Krystin have actually been gone all week because they have been driving to Alaska... That's right, you heard me, they DROVE TO ALASKA!!! It was about 5 days of driving all day long. It's like the same distance of driving from Boise to Miami!! But Krystin got a job there, and she moved to Alaska for three years! It was such a terrible, tear-filled goodbye, but it was great to reflect on this memorial trip and be grateful for how close Lily and I are to Krystin.

I can't even tell ya how much Lily will miss Krystin. Those two have this special bond, and we miss her already. But we are so excited for you Kryssy! Skype us soon so we can see you! Love you!

1 comment:

Karalee and Austin said...

You were such a beautiful bride!!! I love this post too, that last picture of Lily is one of my all time favorites!! She is so perfect with so much personality. I love your trips, hope i get to come on the next:)